It’s a catwalk, a show, and one of the most awaited event of every year for all those fashion lovers out there (and for those who want to see “The Great Beauty” and not we are not talking about Sorrentino’s film): The Victoria’s Secret Angels arrived in Paris for the annual fashion show which, for the first time, was held on November 30th at the Grand Palais, and aired in the US on the CBS networks on December 5th. If you have not seen it already, here for you 10 facts to know about the Victoria’s Secret fashion show:
1) During the event the models opened up about their personal relationship with Paris, capital of fashion and lingerie: it goes without saying, then, that sooner or later we would have seen them in this city. “Fashion becomes madness here” they said, revealing that not all of them had previously walked on one of the catwalks of the City of Lights. For example Sara Sampaio, who however, had been able to react taking in this way her “revenge” and becoming one of the most known model of our days.
2) Musical guests of the evening were Lady Gaga (in a beautiful floral dress), Bruno Mars with his band and The Weekend: everyone sang twice and they made us reflect, engage and entertain from start to finish, making the show even more sensational.
3) Jasmine Tookes wore the fantasy bra of 3 million dollars, while Lily Donaldson wore the Swarovski outfit, which also included a pair of wings for the first time, for a total of 2,500 precious stones. Speaking of money, the show was the most expensive ever, with a total expenditure of 20 million dollars to make it happen.
4) Absentees of the event: Candice Swanepoel and Behati Prinsloo (they have both just had a baby) Karlie Kloss, Cara Delevingne and Doutzen Kroes; However, there have been confirmations from various iconic models of the brand such as Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, both of them reached their 16th time on the runway, Izabel Goulart, Elsa Hosk, Taylor Hill, Martha Hunt, Lily Aldridge and Joan Smalls.
5) Equally interesting the new faces of the brand (18 in all from all over the world): we had Kendall Jenner, Gigi and Bella Hadid (the first pair of sisters to walk on this catwalk), Irina Shayk, Camilla Rowe, Georgia Fowler and Zury Tibby, for a total of 51 Protagonists.
6) The segments of the show touched several points: it started from a multicultural and colorful world that reminded us of the Chinese New Year or a parade, with lots of feathers and flashy accessories, through floral and natural wings, until the central part dedicated to online “PINK” (featuring sportswear, comfortable choices and many flakes, worn mostly by the new models), and then a touch of a world of basic colors dominated by white and silver (all strictly lace) and finally a shimmering and colorful ending. A simple, basic and able to enlighten the eyes makeup was dominant throughout the event, so the attention was fully turned to the outfits and to the accessories or footwear.
7) But a fantastic and successful show was not enough… it was followed by an afterparty where models had the opportunity to show off other amazing outfits and to celebrate together!
8) Two are the moments of greatest uproar that we saw during this show: the just-confirmed pregnancy of Irina Shayk (girlfriend of Bradley Cooper) and the simultaneity on the catwalk of the ex couple composed by The weekend and Bella Hadid.
In case your curiosity has not been adequately satisfied, you can find here the best backstage moments!