So many reasons causing your skin to not feel on the top of its game in these days: the change of season, having had one too many the night before or your life is just stressing you out and you can’t find the right time to cuddle yourself a bit. Or…lately you’ve been kind of lazy and your skin has been affected by that!
Here you have 10 easy and quick tips for the today’s woman who doesn’t have the time to devote to complicated beauty treatments! You don’t need to follow them all, if you follow at least three we are sure you will be fine and more then satisfied.
Here for you 10 mini-tips that will “save your face“:
1) The first rule is: don’t panic. There is always a way out.
2) Remove your make-up with water-based products that are moisturizing, refreshing and not aggressive for the skin especially around the eyes. Choose a make-up remover like Bioderma, Garnier for sensitive skin, Chanel or Lancôme.
3) Reddish and puffy eyes? You have the evergreen “home remedy”: take two green tea bags, boil them in the water for a few minutes, squeeze them (but not too much) and then leave them in the fridge for half an hour. Once cooled place the bags on your eyes for about 10 minutes and relief and freshness are guaranteed.
If you would rather do it in the morning and don’t want to go around the house like zombies with two tea bags on your eyes, opt for sheet-masks to apply and leave on for 5-10 minutes. In the meanwhile you can have breakfast or get dressed.
For example you can use the Sephora one with avocado or green tea, the anti wrinkles patches by Relaxine or the Shiseido WrinkleResist24 patches which have a concentrated pure retinol formula that effectively reduces appearance of wrinkles while smoothing the skin texture.
4) If your face suffers from dehydration or dry spots use a moisturizing mask. For instance you can apply the new Clarins Anti-Soif to leave on for 10 minutes, the oxygenating mask by Dr Brandt (perfect even under the shower), new gel masks by Peter Thomas Roth made with stem cells or, even better, the refreshing and invigorating one with cucumber which is rich in water, vitamin C and minerals. All these masks are the perfect beauty allies.
5) Bags under the eyes? Adieu!
They are a woman’s worst enemies. Fortunately, we have the right weapons and we sure know how to use them properly. An example? A good eye cream that deeply hydrates the area such as the Kiehl’s eye cream with avocado. On the other hand sometimes we can’t wait a month to see some results, right? There are a few options to be applied before putting on your make-up: the Clinique pep-start, the one by Eisenberg or the Dior Capture Total serum that, in addition to being a treatment, illuminates the area making it less gray and swollen.
6) The power of make-up!
Never underestimate the power of the make-up. Here are the simplest and quickest make-up tips that will really make the difference:
– When your skin has a bad day, you should help it with a BB Cream or a very light and natural foundation; such as the Genius Gel by Marc Jacobs or the Complexion Rescue by BareMinerals. They are very natural, hydrating and illuminating products.
– Under the eye use a light and illuminating concealer on peach, so it can cover the purple dark circles. Some examples: the Prep+Prime in Forecast by Mac or the Touche Eclat by Yves Saint Laurent in number 3.
– Enlight the strategic areas of your face so that you’ll appear as freshest and most natural as possible. For that use no-glittery products (leave the glittery ones for the crazy nights out). The perfect product? The illuminating powders by Hourglass!
– Always prefer moisturizing lipsticks with glossy and creamy formulations, better to use them as a pop of color and they will instantly revitalize and enlighten your face like the new Dior Addict Lipsticks.
– Avoid using a black eyeliner/pencil: opt for a brighter color which makes your eyes wider. The Zoeva new graphic eye pencils are perfect!
7) Don’t leave home without a mini-size of your favorite beauty water! What we recommend? The Caudalie or the Kiehl’s ones, they are refreshing and both have plant extracts that are very good for your skin.
8) Don’t forget to drink lots and lots of water!
9) It’s true, You can’t judge a book from its cover but…if you choose a floral or colorful dress it will instantly change your day and remember: choose one in which you feel comfortable on!
10) Last but not least… Don’t forget to smile: that’s what really makes you special! 🙂